Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Genius Baby

Mr. Noah on Christmas with his new bike!


I don't wanna brag or anything, but my son is becoming quite the smarty pants! Tonight we were looking at his favorite book, "Book of 100 Words" and we were looking at the animal page (animals are his new favorite things, next to trucks, which he calls "gucks") and I pointed to the piggy and said "Noah what noise does a piggy make? Snort snort?" and he looked at me, took out his boppy, and then "snorted" back at me! Then we pointed to all the other animals, he didn't say all of the noises, but he knows cows and says "moo" and he also likes the owls. He's genius I tell you!

The other big thing that he's started to do (and I maybe shouldn't mention anything, because I don't want to jinx it, but I'm too excited I can't help it, so after I say it pretend I knock on wood and say "God for bid poo poo poo", just to be safe) is he has started to learn how to sleep again! Noah slept through the night until he was 4 months old and then the teething started and after the teething came the ear infections and after the ear infections, or was it during I can't remember, we all got the stomach flu ... so, since we've been recovered from the latest wave of ailments, which is has only be the last 4 or 5 days, Mr. Noah has slept through the night 3 out of the last 4 nights. But that's not all! He has finally learned his sleeping routine!

We've been using "Sleep Sheep" since he was a teeny weeny baby and before that we would use the hair dryer, so he's always had some sort of white noise to help him sleep, but on top of the Sleep Sheep we also had to have the boppy and the night light and the rocking chair and then we'd have to rub his back and then we'd have to wait until he stopped opening his eyes so that we could sneak away ... it was a very long and drawn out production. So for the past 2 or 3 nights it's as if the light switch finally turned on in his genius brain. We turn down the lights, turn on sleep sheep, and he reaches for his crib, lies down and closes his eyes. Tonight, after I put him down, he looked up at me for a second, then turned his head and closed his eyes and went to sleep.

Maybe this is just a temporary thing? Or maybe he really gets it? Either way, it's been amazing!!!


No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!