Thursday, February 4, 2010

The perfect day ...









This past weekend I blew off school on Saturday and decided to see how real people live ... I can't believe what I've been missing. We were almost a normal family! We spent the morning drinking coffee with friends at the house and then we went to lunch with Nana and Papa and then off to the park ... I can't remember the last time the three of us just hung out playing together. Don't get me wrong, we play together at home and we see each other before Noah goes to bed, but this was different. This is what weekends are supposed to be like ... After the park we headed to Ikea and wandered the kid section with what seemed like the rest of Sacramento and then had some friends over for chili and a game of celebrity ...

The day was perfect! On the one hand, it feels like law school is almost over and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. On the other, it doesn't feel like it's going to happen soon enough. Right after graduation I start bar prep and then I have to wait for the results ... I guess it just feels like more hoops and more time away from Noah, Greg and Gary (Louis doesn't really care if I'm there or not).

I'm not a crazy person. I know that life after law school will still require time away from the family. But it will be one thing; one job and it won't require me to spend all of my nights away from home and it won't require me to spend my weekends reading federal income tax law. I will almost be a "normal" person and I seriously can't wait!

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!