Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pizza taste test

I've been super into pizza these days, not surprising considering I've always loved pizza ... anyway, I decided to do a mini pizza taste test in Sacramento. Not actually mini pizzas, rather a pizza taste test on a small scale.

My test sample only consists of a few places, but I can do that because 1) it's my test and 2) I don't feel like going to a bunch of gross places when I already know the places that I like.

I have decided that Uncle Vito's is hands down the best pizza place in Sacramento and let me tell you why. You can get pizza by the slice, it's thin, which I really like, it's tasty and it's relatively cheap. Also, you only have to get one piece and it's very satisfying.

Chicago Fire is a close second, but the main reason it came in second is because you can't get pizza by the slice. I do like that you can get both thin and thick crust, however the thin crust pizza comes in tiny squares so you have to eat a lot of them.

I went to Papi Pizza by the slice today. It's on J Street in the uber hip block between Harlow's and El Centro. Maybe I went on an off day, but I have to say, I was not impressed. I got a piece of cheese pizza and the best part about it was that it came in it's own pizza-shaped cardboard box. (I like things in containers and I like individual containers the best). The pizza tasted like pizza that I used to get at the roller rink which actually tastes like tombstone pizza that you can get at the regular food store ... it was only $3 a slice and again I like pizza by the slice, but this wasn't very tasty. Also, I don't think the cheese was all the way melted and it was in a round plastic case spinning thing so it had been sitting there for a while ...

There are other places that I'm sure are also very tasty, but I don't feel like talking about them...

Now I want to go and eat oranges and celery, don't know if that goes with pizza, but sounds tasty to me:)

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!