Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cheerios, Donut Holes, Purple Nail Polish and another .8 lbs ...

It's been a while ... not because nothing has been going on in the life of mommyhood, but really, I just haven't had the time. Noah is a lot of fun and I'm loving every minute I get to spend with him, well...almost every minute. Teething hasn't been so much fun. Noah has two bottom teeth and the doctor's think the next two are on their way.

School is still going on and I'm not on spring break. Ft. Lauderdale here I come! If by Ft. Lauderdale you mean Weight Watchers and then the park ... so yes, I am doing Weight Watchers. I hadn't really been doing anything except weighing in mostly and I had lost almost all of my baby weight until last week ... I was only 5 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight. I was so excited, feeling so confident. Thinking "this is so easy! I can eat whatever I want and the weight is just coming off ... as long as I'm breastfeeding and running, I'll be fine." Then, I got on the scale and I was up 2lbs. WTF?

So, I decided it was time to really pay attention. I had to stop baking all of my tasty, sugary treats and start watching what I was eating. I even tracked everything ... so today, Noah and I marched into the meeting with all of our stuff (mostly his stuff, but whatever, he'll get me back later) and I stepped up on the scale looking for that 2lb loss and to my dismay I had gained! Yes, GAINED, again!!!

There I was surrounded by all the old ladies (I think I go to the senior meeting) and they are all cooing and gooing at Noah and I had gained yet again ... could it have been the four bowls of cereal that I ate? No, that couldn't be it ... perhaps it was the 4 donut holes I ate after running the Shamrock? That couldn't be it, because hello, I just ran 13.1 miles. Nope, it had to be that I was pregnant again ...

In my mind the only explanation was pregnancy ... pregnancy made more sense than donut holes and cereal. So, Noah and I stood in line at the Longs while the checker tried to ask me probing questions about how old Noah was and then tell me how cute he is when I said "he's only 6 months." I know she was thinking, "6 months and already another baby?!?" Well look lady, I jsut gained another .8lbs, I have no time for your shenanigans, just put the pee sticks and the purple nail polish in the bag and let me go. (I couldn't just buy the pee sticks, I had to act casual, like I'm just here picking up a few necessities ... pee sticks, check. Purple nail polish check).

Just peed on a stick and there was only one line ... must have been the cheerios, because thank god I'm NOT pregnant! Yes, this is how neurotic I am. I would rather be pregnant again than stop eating all of my carbs ...

Not that having another baby is bad ... but I can barely keep up with Noah and law school, I'm not ready to start this again. Although, I was thinking the other day, I can now see what people mean when they say "you'll forget the bad stuff about pregnancy and labor, and you'll be ready to do it again." I can see that, but I'm not there ... maybe after I lose the .8lbs that I gained AGAIN. Maybe after law school, maybe after the bar, maybe after a job ... maybe sooner than that, who knows. Until then, I think I'll go and eat a bowl of cereal.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!