Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I've never seen this much water in a raft!

So I'm sitting in class and barely paying attention ... BHR is trying to flee my tummy and escape the misery as well. Only one more class to go and then an exam and then another break. I can't wait! I received an angry email today, apparently I've been slacking on my entries, so here's what we've been up to...

Greg and I went to Lake Tahoe this past weekend for our "babymoon". We stayed in a small condo near Tahoe City and the best part was that Gary got to come with us. Friday night I woke up around 2:30am in picked my head and Gary was lying next to the bed staring at me. As soon as I picked my head up and started wagging his tail as if to say "Are you ready to go? Is it time?" I had to tell him that it wasn't time and he put his sad little head back down on the floor. We repeated this process a few more times over the course of the night.

On Saturday we took Gary up the tram to high camp at Squaw Valley. We hiked up to a monument about 1 1/2 miles up. Gary saw snow for the first time and made snow angels. I felt okay, but slow. Greg walked behind me, maybe to make sure I didn't feel bad for making him walk so slowly or maybe to make sure I didn't fall backwards. We got to the top and realized that we were on part of the Western States 100 mile race course. At that point, I was glad I wasn't able to run. After High Camp we wandered around the village and looked at bad artwork. People complimented Gary and Greg and I acted like proud parents. We then took Gary swimming in the lake ... he never gets tired!

On Sunday we took Gary rafting. Gary swam along the side of the raft for most of the trip. When he was in the raft he was shaking with excitement. The river was mostly peaceful until the very end, right before you return the raft...we were just following the current, made it the whole way without any major disasters and then right before we were supposed to de-raft, we got stuck. Stuck on one giant rock. I stayed in the raft holding onto Gary and the backpack, while Greg tried to get us "unstuck." I watched each one of our oars float by and then each one of Greg's shoes. I sat and watched all of the "raft guys" on the dock look at us in amazement. Finally one of them hopped into the river, helped Greg and off we floated to the dock. As we got out of the raft, each "raft guy" commented on the amount of water in our raft ... "holy sh*t, I've never seen this much water in a raft" "oh my god, look at all this water!" Yeah, yeah, yeah ... there was a lot of water in the F-ing raft, move on.

Gary and I slept the whole way home ... peaceful and relaxed.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!