Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Labor and delivery

Monday morning I realized I hadn't felt BHR kick in quite a while ... I thought about it and realized I hadn't felt his morning movements. The feeling that he is trying to push me up out of bed. Sometimes I think that he is trying to motivate me to get up and get going.

On my way to work I decided to call the Doctor just to be sure everything was okay. I called and told the nurse I hadn't felt BHR move since Sunday sometime and she told me "you need to call work and tell them that either way you are not going to be in this morning ... you need to go home, drink some ice water and count the movements ... " there was more talking and then I heard "and then go to labor and delivery." I think that's when I freaked out.

I called Greg ... he ran home! Almost listerally running. My godmother actually said she saw Greg running down 65th street. Luckily I felt BHR move a bunch after the ice water before Greg and my mom came over, but it was scary. Hearing the words "labor and delivery" was not something that I expected to hear. I wasn't ready, I'm still not ready...

I think I'm ready to be a mom, but I'm not ready for labor ... is that bad? When I was driving home after talking to the nurse, I thought "what if I did this? What if it was because I complained about being fat and ugly and I made him feel bad?" Once I felt him move around I was so relieved, I promised him that I would try and stop complaining about how I look, he's not making me unattractive on purpose.

Maybe he was sleeping, maybe he was exhausted from the Babymoon ... I don't know. He's bouncing like crazy right now. maybe trying to escape law school and community property.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!