Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Job Nana!


So, we took Noah to the Doctor today ... I had a long list of concerns; His George Costanza head, cradle cap, colic, rash. My mom was watching Noah while I went to my first class and then she was going ot bring him to the doctor's office to meet me in between Family Law and Evidence. I was sure the doctor would just laugh at me and I'd be on my way. Turns out, while my mom was watching Noah he had a very strange poop, so my mom put the diaper in a baggie and brought it along.


Noah's George Costanza head is normal and will grow back, his cradle cap is normal and will clear up, and he doesn't really have a rash. She did determine that he is a bit colicky and that there are things I can do to help make it easier for us ... among them are giving up chocolate, caffeine, brocoli, apple juice, onions, and spicy foods. All of which are among some of my favorite things. If it makes him feel better, it'll be worth it, right?


After we went through my list of concerns, she then tested the poop ... turns out there were microscopic traces of blood in his poop. So, Nana (or my mom) saved the day! Part of Noah's poop and gassiness could be caused from dairy ... that means, on top of all of the other things that I'm giving up for the colic I also have to get rid of dairy. I'm not a huge milk drinker, but I defintely enjoy my cheese!


No chocolate, no brocoli, no apple juice, no onions, no spicy foods and now no dairy. They will test his poop again in about 2 weeks and if it's not better I think they'll throw something else out there ... she did say I am allowed to eat steak, which would be good news if I ate red meat.


I don't think any of this stuff is bothering him too much though because he's gained another 2 lbs since his last appointment and now weighs 10 lbs and 13 ounces. The way I look at it, if it makes his life better, it will make my life better. I can give up chocolate and dairy for the next 9 months or a year. I didn't think I'd be able to go without caffeine for 9 months and I survived, so I should be okay ...


On a more positive note, I get to start running in 11 days!


No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!