Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our First Trip Out Of Town...




Just got back from our first trip away with Noah. Had a wonderful time, but I'm exhausted! Noah did very well considering we were dragging him all over San Francisco. My mom and Ed were very helpful and very patient with all of the new parent issues and traffic problems ... maybe we were a bit too ambitious when we tried to take a 3 week old to dinner, but other than that, I think Greg and I handled the experience quite well...

The weekend mostly consisted of eating ... Noah would eat and then we would eat and then Noah would eat again and the pattern continued ... We went to Barneys Burgers on Steiner in the Marina, then Pasta Pomodoro on Union. The next morning we went to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (one of two in Northern California) and then to Saul's in Berkeley on the way out of town.

The race went fairly well ... I felt like an impostor jumping in at the bottom of the hill before mile 9. I knew I could have done more and I wanted to, but I guess this experience only gives me more motivation to keep training for next year's race, right? I missed seeing and running with most of my friends, but Greg and I had fun walking the last 4 with Leah who did the full 13.1 miles after having Evelyn only 3 months ago!

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!