Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fresh Pencils and Jewish Holidays, the Best Time of the Year

Last night I was watching "So You Think You Can Dance". I had to watch it on "real" time because I'm in my hotel room without TiVo, this also meant I actually had to watch the commercials. Usually it really bothers me to have to watch commercials, I'm extremely impatient and most commercials are super annoying! However, last night Fox was previewing all of their Fall TV Lineup and I have to say, I'm super excited for Fall TV! Not just because we have been without regular TV for so long due to the writers strike or because I love television, but because Fall TV is special.

Fall TV reminds me of school starting, trapper-keepers and lunch boxes. It reminds me of picking out that new pen or set of pencils that I was going to use to start off my school year, and when you're young, school was everything, so these things mattered. I remember going with my mom to pick out my school supplies every year, I remember walking up to Deterding Elementary School and looking on the principal's window to check and see which class I was going to be in, were my friends going to be in the same class?

Fall was special, it was also the time for my birthday and Jewish Holidays. I'm pretty sure I didn't like sharing this special time with the Jewish Holidays, but it was all part of Fall and part of the experience.

This year Fall will go back to that special place. Not because my birthday is coming or because school is starting, because law school is not the same as law school and I can assure you that there is not the same excitement over a $170 legal textbook as there was over a Disney Trapper-Keeper, but because Fall is going to be new! New TV shows yes, but also the introduction of BHR to my life and my family. He'll get to experience all of the specialness of Fall from sharing his birthday with Jewish holidays and Fall TV to eventually picking out a new set of pencils to kick of his school year. I'm sure he's going to love Fall as much I as me, especially once all of the smoke goes away.

Until then I'm going to program all of my new Fall TV shows into my DVR and wait patiently for them to start and for BHR's arrival ... law school I can do without, but I guess every celebration has to have a downside.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!