Friday, July 11, 2008

Pregant and patient?

I think I finally realize why so many women love being pregnant...you get a lot of attention! Everyone wants to talk to you and ask about the due date, the sex, names ... pretty much everything and anything baby related. People are kinder to pregnant women and more attentive too. I don't mind people being kinder to me, but I have never really liked being the center of the attention. That part is a bit strange for me.

The other thing I started thinking about is that people aren't always quite as kind to women or families after the baby is born ... not that people are mean, but maybe less patient. If you think about it, how many times have you gotten on a plane or picked a seat in a movie and then noticed that there is a young child or a baby near you and then decided to either move your seat or if that's not an option, stayed where you are an then complained about having to sit by a baby. Why do you think this is? Raising a child is probably much harder than being pregnant, right?

I'm so guilty of this! I hope I learn some patience and I hope people are patient with me and BHR when it takes me longer to find my wallet while I'm paying in line or when I'm trying to check-in or get a seat on an airplane.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!