Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The letter T is missing ,,,

I finished my exam last night ... it was not my best performance, but given the circumstances I guess it went better than expected. I'm pretty sure I didn't do better than a C- and if I get that, I'll be quite pleased.

Doing things mostly one-handed is a lot harder than I thought. I basically look like I'm flipping everyone off, which maybe I am because I'm secretly angry that they can brush their teeth with their right hand ... Typing is a lot better than I thought, but I still make a bunch of mistakes. Plus, the letter "T" key on my computer has fallen off, so that is also quite difficult.

It's been a strange couple of weeks ... with all of the baby scares and the hospital visits and the smoke outside, things have been quite glim. Ed is off in Florida taking care of his mom and he won't be here for the 4th of July. I know taking care of his mom is so much more important, but I always hope for happier times this time of year.

I love 4th of July. Not because I'm super patriotic, because I'm really not. I don't wear red and white and blue together and I sometimes feel strange about what America represents in the rest of the world. I love living in America, and I love what we say we stand for, but I am scared of what we do and what we have no control over ... I don't want BHR to grow up in a world where terrorists and war are the norm. For the most part, I can't think of a place that would be better, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that need to be fixed.

4th of July isn't about being a good American for me ... it's about being with my family, as most holidays are. We aren't doing fireworks this year, which bums me out, but I think with the way the air has been and the fact that I was trapped in doors for a week because of the smoke make it hard for me to justify lighting more things on fire. Even if the things make pretty colorful sparks.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!