Friday, May 9, 2008

9 hours ...

Only nine more hours to go! Nine hours and I will done with my second year of law school ... hopefully the worst will be behind me and I can move on knowing that I don't have to retake civ pro ever again ... or at least until the bar. However, I'm not feeling so confident. There are lots of people that have to retake this class. I wonder, if they know that so many people struggle with this class, why don't they change something? Why don't they approach the class differently?

More importantly, why can't I bring my outline in with me? Am I going to be out in the world without notes or clues or hints as to how to attack my case?

I've been suffering from major pregnancy brain lately ... thoughts and words come and go and I end up having to retrace my steps to remember what it was that I was saying or doing just moments before the thought escaped my brain.

I hope that doesn't happen tonight ... I hope I don't go completely blank while writing about joinder and claim preclusion. Honestly, if I do, I think it's BHR's way of saying "this crap is boring and I need a break!" I wouldn't disagree.

Everytime people hear that I'm pregnant and in law school they say "how hard it must be", but it's not hard being pregnant in law school. They two are hard on their own. One is dependent on the other, both are just difficult. I think having the baby is going to be way harder than being pregnant, because being pregnant I can mostly just sit there and study and not have to worry about paying attention to another person in the room, but with a baby, I'll have to play and feed and do mommy things. I'm looking forward to it, honestly ... I would just like to be doing one or the other right now, not both. Does that make sense?

I want to be a mom and not a law student ... I'm ready for a break. I'm glad I'm going to be a lawyer, but I'm more excited about being a mom.

Nine more hours!

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!