Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Out of gumballs, time for sandwich night

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post ... we were very productive this weekend, or at least in theory we were productive. We started registering on Sunday. Greg, mom and I headed over to Goores to begin the process. I had done a bunch of stroller research and I felt like I was prepared. I had printed a check-list and had a manilla folder ... I even had registry hair and outfit. I was ready, I swear!

We walked in, sat down, they gave us two check-lists and I immediately began to feel overwhelmed. Did you know that there are systems for everything? Breast pump systems, bottle systems, stroller systems, travel systems ... everything has to be compatible with everything else.

We walked over to the clothing section, looked around, talked about how cute everything was and then got stressed out over the fact that we didn't know what a specific shirt was, so we moved on. We went over to the breast pump section which is also intimidating. This is something that I know I desperately need because I'll be using it for work and in between classes, but who knows what one should look for in a boob-juicer?! I certainly do not. Once you pick a breast pump, you then have to get a bottle system, but you don't want to get the "bad" bottles and poison your baby with the bad plastic, right?

We then moved over to the stroller systems ... we know the exact baby jogger we want (or the one that I want), the BOB revolution. So we picked a car seat that was compatible, but the regular stroller, that was another story. Greg and I both left that area feeling a bit overwhelmed and defeated. Why are they all so big?!? Who can lift all of that stuff? I consider myself to be a relatively strong person, but seriously, the thing was the size of me and I can't imagine loading it all into my car ... defeated, we moved on to bedding and then to slings.

We were relatively successful in both the bedding and the sling department, but by this point we had all lost our excitement. I felt worried about picking the wrong thing and possibly hurting little BHR. I'm a master shopper, how come I couldn't do this?

Mom was out of gum balls, and I was out of patience and a bit sad, so we left for mom's house for sandwich night.

That night, Greg and I both woke up at different times being stressed out about strollers. We woke up in the morning, determined to go back and find the right stroller for BHR, one that was compatible with the car seat, the BOB and most importantly our family. We found it! The Bugaboo Bee. We left feeling accomplished and satisfied. Who knew that buying a stroller could be so satisfying?

Now, we have to pick a bouncer, a pack-n-play and still to come, a bottle system:(

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!