Monday, May 19, 2008

Rootbeer rankings

I have been testing out several different drinks to take the place of my diet coke. I love my iced tea at starbucks, but it can't take the place of the fizzy diet coke goodness. I have come to terms with the realization that nothing will that void.

Even though nothing will ever be as good as my diet coke, I have begun a diet root beer kick. I have been taste testing several different brands and here's what I've discovered ...

A&W Diet Rootbeer is tasty, it's nothing special, but it will do in a pinch.

Dad's Diet Rootbeer is disgusting. I wouldn't wish this syrupy garbage on my worst enemy. Not that I have any enemies, but if I did, I don't think I would make them drink this.

Mug Diet Rootbeer is also gross. I don't know how they managed to mess up such a classic drink, but this brand resembles Dad's in that it is gross. Don't drink it.

Barq's Diet Rootbeer ... this tasty beverage has become my new favorite fizzy beverage. While it is no diet coke, it is a close second. I think the reason I have come to enjoy this drink is because it is made by the same folks that make my other favorite beverage, the ole diet coke. It is thirst quenching and tastes like root beer should taste. Fizzy and sweet with a little punch. It makes me happy and I'm glad I have found it.

1 comment:

Big Jim said...

Hmmm...none of these compare to Stewarts Diet RB. Give it a try. Also, Frosty RB was great, but I haven't been able to find it for 25 years.
JM

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!