Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Lava Lamp

So I couldn't sleep last night ... maybe it was because I was too excited about this morning's appointment or maybe it was because I don't know anything about Civil Procedure, either way, I'm pooped! I watched 5 or 6 tv shows and still couldn't sleep.

We showed up to our appointment at 8:20 and I already had to pee, and at 8:45 they finally took us back to the room. I was no longer worried that BHR would not reveal the goods, because I had made it. 20 weeks seemed like such a long time, but I made it!

He put the warm jelly goop on my tummy and started moving the wand thingy around. It looked like a lava lamp. Does that make me a bad mom for comparing my baby's home to a hippy stoner lamp?

I saw bones and the guy said "there's a leg and another leg ..." I couldnt' tell what anything was. He asked if we wanted to know the sex and I said "yes" immediately!

"There's a leg, there's a leg and there's a third leg ... it's a boy!" I pretended to see what he was talking about, but I didn't actually care, I finally heard the news. Innie or Outie? Peeps or no peeps? (how come boys get the cool words for the down there parts?)

The man seemed frustrated with the fact that I couldn't see my son's parts so he pointed it out again ... "there's a leg, there's a leg and there's a third leg."

"Oh, okay."

"You still dont' see it?"

"Nope."

"There's a leg, there's a leg and there's his PENIS!"

"Got it!" Thanks pal, there's my son's junk.

Greg was beaming with pride and then the appointment continued. The guy seemed to get more and more frustrated as the appointment went on. Apparently BHR was very active and he was kicking like crazy so the dude couldn't get very clear shots. I didn't care, I could have laid there forever because now I know. I can go and buy converse and think of names and something is settled ... I love it when things are settled.

As we walked through the lobby Greg put the picture of BHR's peeps in the paper frame.

Now BHR will stand for "Boy Himovitz-Ries"

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!