Friday, May 30, 2008

Welcome to the club

So, my friend Leah and I have been talking about this new "club" that we are about to enter. The mommyhood club, if you will. I can't wait to be a mother. I can't wait to meet this new person, this new family member, and welcome him into the world and into my life.

But, with that said, I have to say, I feel like I'm being hazed. Like I'm pledging a sorority. I know that the "secret" information is out there, but it's not anything that anyone talks about. I keep meeting the women that say that they "loved being pregnant" and I'm not saying I don't love the fact that I'm going to have a baby and have a new little person in life, but I can't say that I love being pregnant. Let me share with you some of the things that I didn't actually know about. Some are gross and maybe too graphic to share, but I'll do what I can.

  1. Lochia - you can look this up on wikipedia if you are not a squeemish person.
  2. The "shelf"
  3. scraping out of the placenta
  4. post-partum tummy
  5. poo-poo potential during labor
  6. tearing during labor (which I knew about, but I don't think anyone "really" knows until it happens)
  7. Varge (which I won't explain becasue it's a) too embarrassing, and b) super gross!)

Again, I love that I"m going to be a mother. I love rubbing my tummy and feeling him kicking me and bouncing around. Love that he's a part of me and a part of Greg. I love planning his arrival and picking out toys and presents to start spoiling him with. I love that I'm going to watch him learn new things and experience new sights, sounds and tastes ... eating ice cream for the first time or standing in the rain for the first time or even standing for the first time! I'm excited for all of it ... but this hazing seems a bit much, don't you think.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!