Friday, April 11, 2008

Welcome to BHR ...pee sticks and Bryan Adams

This is my first blog post about BHR, or Baby Himovitz-Ries. I'm already 16 weeks and I haven't written about anything ...I'm very excited and very nervous about the arrival of BHR and the fact that I'm growing a person. A lot of the excitement has been burried in worry and fear and nausea, but I can't wait to meet BHR and I only hope that he/she loves me as much as I will love him/her.

When Greg and I were in Italy listening to Bryan Adams, that was the only CD they played at the restaurant below, in our villa, I said to him "I want a baby." We discussed it for a while and decided that there would never be a "right" time to have a baby ... after a lot of discussion we decided that we start "trying" in December 07 after I ran my final pre-BHR marathon.

It's weird to say "trying" because that basically means "having lots of sex" but the whole thing is a lot of more scientific that that. You have to count the days between your period, take disgusting vitamins and pee on lots of sticks. We were really lucky in that we only had to go through 1 ovulation cycle before BHR was conceived!

When we told my parents, Greg printed out a picture of a pee stick. I asked my mom if we could come over for dinner on a tuesday night. We had talked about waiting to tell people until after the first trimester, but I'm impatient and had to tell my mom! At dinner Greg handed my mom and envelope with the pee stick picture and she opened it and looked very puzzled. Im not sure she knew what it was. After the initial shock there were tears and a lot of excitement. My mom has been waiting forever to be a Nana and now she's going to be on September 20, 2008.

Let's hope I will be as good a mom as she is ...

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!