Monday, April 14, 2008

BHR's First Running 5k!

Yesterday I ran my first 5k since becoming pregnant. During the first month and a half of pregnancy I was still running, but then came the morning sickness and a small scare on an eliptical machine and I just didn't feel I could do it ... I've been back training and doing a run/walk thing with Gary and BHR and we are up to 3 miles!

I decided to do the Zoo Zoom in William Land Park. Leah and I met at her house, where she told me that the walk over would only be about a mile. Turns out it was 2 miles, so on top of the 5k I walked an extra 4 miles! It was strange to only be doing a 5k, and even more so that I was nervous about it. I have done races that are far longer and harder, but I was really nervous about whether I could complete 3.1 miles.

I finished the race with my friend Michelle and I felt great the whole way. We chatted the whole way and I felt great when I finished! I was a bit slower than my previous races, actually over 2 minutes slower per/mile, but I was so excited that I was able to run again, I didn't care. I missed running and it was nice to be back in the running community, even if it was only a slow and short 5k.

BHR felt great and we enjoyed some tasty BBQ at mom and Ed's house afterwards. I'm not very sore today, but maybe that will hit tomorrow ... who knows. My next race will be the Doggy Dash with Greg, Gary, and BHR.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!