Friday, April 11, 2008

Avocado, Jeans and B-cups

I'm round! I feel like my body is squishing down and I am becoming a round ball. My weekly email update has informed us that we are now the size of an avocado. We've come a long way ... from a lentil bean, blueberry, kidney bean, grape, kumquat, fig, lime, medium shrimp, lemon, apple, an next week we'll be a turnip. I never thought about measuring life in terms of fruit and veggies, but food has always played a very important role in my life, so why not compare my future child's growth to food .. although if I think about too much it starts to creep me out. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, the first three months have been very hard! I wasn't expecting it to be that hard. First I felt fine and very fortunate ... I wasn't barfing, I could still wear most of my clothes and my I felt good. Then, out of nowhere, I felt awful! I was exhausted and nauseous and miserable.

About two weeks ago I started feeling better ... I'm no longer nauseous, just tired. As I mentioned before, I'm also extremely round! I can't believe how big my boobs are. It's as if over night, I went through puberty all over again!

Being someone who is, or I guess was, extremely active, it's been very difficult to let go of some of the things that I worked so hard for. I had finaly gotten into a B cup! I miss running, I miss playing soccer ... I miss my jeans! I always felt like a chubby person who was just on the cusp of being thin and fit, now I'm just a chubby person who is pregnant.

I probably sound very vain and I know that it's only temporary, hopefully I don't pass along these weird insecurities onto my unborn child. It would be awful to start on the wrong foot even before the baby is born, but I think I was expecting something else ... I think I was expecting to go from my clothes fitting like normal, to maternity clothes with a round bump and then baby ... I guess I was very wrong!

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!