Monday, April 21, 2008

Pesach

We had our second Passover Seder last night at my mom's house. I know I talked about how much I love this holiday and how worried I was about the charoset, but everything was perfect! In fact, I have left charoset for lunch and probably for dinner tonight.

My mom had 19 people at her house last night. You would think with that many people it could feel distant or formal, but to me, it still felt cozy and warm and reminded me of all the other holidays that we have at my mom's house ... perfect!

I love being in my mom's house. It reminds me of being wrapped in a blanket. Everything feels comfortable ... even when the food is fizzy, everything feels perfect. (The food was not at all fizzy last night, but there was a fizzy incident at a different holiday many years ago).

After dinner we drove my grandma home ... I enjoy these car rides. Grandma talks and shares stories about the past and about things that I was never a part of. I learn about my grandpa and about where my grandma lived and all of the things that she experienced. I know these are her memories and her stories and maybe they aren't exactly the way they happened, but it's nice to hear about the past through her eyes.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!