Friday, April 11, 2008

Salsa and Cream Cheese

I think it was about two weeks ago ... I had an incident that involved cream cheese, salsa, chips and my couch. It was a tuesday, I didn't have class and I was so excited. I got off work, drove home and decided I would have a little snack and lay down for a little bit and then Gary and I would go for a walk. Unfortunately, that's not what happened.

I ended up eating 3/4 of a container of cream cheese and salsa while watching Gilmore Girls reruns, Greg's most favoritest show ever, that and Dawson's Creek. That was the moment or the experience that finally pushed me over the edge. I can't explan the pain that I felt or how my stomach felt ....it was almost like being back in college when I used to eat cartons of chicken chow mein and regular coke. Just gross!

That night, after the cheese settled, I went online and downloaded a mommy bootcamp workout from iTrain and decided that I needed to start exercising again. I've used some of the iTrain workouts before and while they can be somewhat cheesy at times, I needed something. (www.itrain.com)

The next morning, Gary and I went out for first BHR itrain workout. Gary was so excited. He saw me putting on my running shoes and immediately started barking and chasing his tail. I have been walking on the weekends with my friend Leah, but this was different, and Gary could tell.

The music was a bit cheesy and throughout the workout the instructor reminds you tell yourself "how amazing you are" and "how beautiful your body is." I sorta' caught myself buying into it and for the first time in a long time I felt strong again and that made me happy.

No comments:

Gary and Blue Baby

Gary and Blue Baby
I love my blue baby ... thankth for vithiting BHR!